There are many products you can’t take back to the shops once you have used them and oral healthcare products tend to come under this ruling because of the association with hygiene.
Despite this, you should strive to only return the brush if you really need to. Electric toothbrushes have a significant impact on the environment.
If you return a brush it further increases the product’s environmental impact. If you really don’t get on with the brush then it makes sense to return it, but it is not a decision that should be taken lightly.
This video is a few years old now, but most of the information remains applicable.
Previously the 30 day trial was referred to as the ‘Oral-B Power Test Drive’, but it appears this name is no longer being used.
Terms & conditions
The money back offer from Oral-B is always subject to change and may not apply to all models.
Applicable models will usually have something on the outside packaging (usually on the side of the box) and on the instruction booklet included.
When we last updated this post in November 2022, Oral-B was advertising the guarantee across its own site (circled in the image below), so it would seem the offer applies to most products:
On Oral-B’s own page explaining the money back guarantee, there is the following exclusion:
“Kids Star Wars and Frozen variants do not qualify for the money back guarantee programme.”
To be 100% sure, you may wish to check with the retailer you purchase from before buying.
How to get the refund
You simply need to keep all the original packaging and the original receipt to be able to get your money back.
Taken from the instruction manual of an Oral-B Pro 2000 brush:
Try Oral-B Professional Care starting from the day of purchase. If you are not satisfied with this product, please return your handle, refills and charging unit in their original box with your original cash register receipt to the address below within 30 days of purchase.
Oral-B Products MBG
PO Box 13263
This does not affect your statutory rights. Terms and conditions apply, for further details, please contact our customer service.
This whole process essentially allows you to try an electric toothbrush for free, with no commitment, if you are not happy return it and Oral-B will arrange a refund for you.
Once the brush is sent back the refund is handled by Oral-B. Well to be precise, Procter & Gamble (P&G) the parent company of Oral-B actually outsource this to another company.
On receipt of the brush and all the contents, providing it is within 30 days you will be sent a cheque in the post for the amount you paid.
The details on and in the box are not particularly comprehensive or clear on what you must do so let us summarise it in the following bullet points.
The exact steps to take to receive a refund
- When you purchase your Oral-B toothbrush, keep the original receipt and all original packaging.
- Use the brush for just under 30 days (this includes weekends).
- If you wish not to keep it, repackage the brush and send it along with your receipt and a covering letter to: Oral-B Products MBG, Dept PX415, PO Box 13263, Galashiels, TD1 9AJ
- Your covering letter will need your name and address on it so a cheque can be generated.
- You must pay the cost of postage for sending the brush back to Oral-B.
- The brush must be received by Oral-B WITHIN 30 days of purchase. For example, if you purchase it on the 1st, you will likely want to send it on or around the 25th of the month to allow time for it to be delivered before the 30 days pass.
- Once received, a cheque will be posted to you for the cost of the electric toothbrush.
- How long can I test the brush for?
- Up 30 days from date of purchase. It must be returned to Oral-B on or before the 30th day.
- What do I need to return?
- You need to return all the original box contents to qualify, so do not throw any packaging away. You must include the receipt you got when the brush was purchased too. A covering note with your name and address is also required.
- Where do I send it to?
- If in the UK, you need to send the brush to: Oral-B Products MBG, Dept PX415, PO Box 13263, Galashiels, TD1 9AJ
- The delivery address for other countries will be different, please consult Oral-B for this.
- How do I send it?
- The method you use for delivery will be up to you. We advise using Royal Mail, preferably a signed and insured for service so that you can prove delivery if required.
- The shipping cost is your responsibility and these costs will not be returned, only the cost of the electric toothbrush itself.
- Sending it via a non signed for or insured service will reduce your shipping cost but you will be unable to prove delivery or claim if lost.
- How is the refund paid and processed?
- The refund for the toothbrush you are returning is sent to you in the form of a cheque after they have received the brush back.
- How do I contact them?
- You can contact Oral-B on 0800 783 7010 in the UK. However, the returns and refunds are actually handled by ‘Sykes’ who can be contacted on 0845 456 0142 during business hours, or through email using [email protected]
What do you think about this scheme? Have you used it?
We certainly like the idea of the scheme. The 30 day challenge is a bit of a stretch when the brush actually has to be sent back and received within 30 days but at least the option exists, because it is not until you use the brush that you really know for sure.