With Colgate’s 30 day money back guarantee, you can buy and use one of its electric toothbrushes, but then if you are not happy for any reason it can be returned for a full refund.
This means that should you buy the brush, use it but not get on with it or do not find it right for you and are ultimately left dissatisfied with the purchase, you have an option to return it, even if the retailer you purchased it from would not normally allow it.
The brush must arrive back to Colgate within 45 days of the original purchase date.
It is not particularly well advertised in my opinion, but the option does exist.
Eligible brushes will show this on the box, in the manual and the more proactive sellers will show this within product descriptions that you may see prior to purchase, particularly if buying online.
How do you return it and get your money back?
If you do not like the ProClinical brush you opted fort and wish to return it for a refund, the procedure is as follows.
You must keep the original purchase receipt or have a copy available to send back with the brush. You must have all the original packaging and box contents, including the used brush head. This must be repackaged and returned to Colgate.
The receipt must show that it was purchased within the UK or Ireland and be returned within 45 days of the original purchase date.
The cost of shipping and handling are excluded, only the cost of the brush itself will be returned to you.
To apply you must call Colgate Consumer Affairs team on 0800 321 321 32.
Explain you would like to return the brush under the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. They will then take your details and send to you a prepaid label.
This pre-paid label can be used to return everything back in.
Place the repackaged brush in a suitable envelope or small box for return shipping. Include in it the receipt to act as proof of purchase. Whilst not essential we highly advise including a short covering letter with your name, address and contact details.
It is our understanding that this label will have the returns address on it and any reference numbers required by Colgate to know it is your brush being returned.
It is best to take the package to a local post office and ask for proof of sending. They will then take the package and provide you with a receipt.
After it has been received and the handling team has processed it, Colgate will send a cheque to you in the post. Once received by Colgate you must allow 4-8 weeks for the process to be completed.
Please be aware this process and the shipping method used is subject to change so please consult documentation or speak to the Customer Affairs Team for the most up to date and accurate information. Please also be aware the process explained applies to the UK. This offer is available in other parts of the world, but it is advisable to check with your local Colgate customer services team to see if the conditions of the trial differ.
The key points
The details on and in the box are not particularly comprehensive or clear on what you must do so let us summarise it in the following bullet points. If you follow this you should get your refund.
- When you purchase a Colgate ProClinical electric toothbrush, keep the original receipt and all original packaging.
- Ensure the original receipt shows it was purchased from a UK or Ireland based company.
- Use the brush for 30 days.
- If you wish not to keep it, repackage the brush along with all the original items that came with it, brush head included
- Create a short covering letter and include this, the brush and proof of receipt in an envelope of small box suitable for shipping the brush back.
- Call Colgate Consumer Affairs team on 0800 321 321 32 to request the return. You will be issued with a pre-paid shipping label.
- Once this label has been received apply this to the package and take it to the post office to hand it over for shipping and retain proof sending.
- The brush must be received by Colgate WITHIN 45 days of purchase.
- Once received, a cheque will be posted to you for the cost of the electric toothbrush, this process can take 4-8 weeks.
Please be aware this process and the shipping method used is subject to change so please consult documentation or speak to the Customer Affairs Team for the most up to date and accurate information.
What do you think about this scheme? Have you used it? Let us know in the comments below if so.
- How long can I test the brush for?
- About 30 days from date of purchase. It must be returned to Colgate on or before the 45th day.
- What do I need to return?
- You need to return all the original box contents to qualify, so do not throw any packaging away. You must include the receipt you got when the brush was purchased too. A covering note with your name and address is also recommended.
- Where do I send it to?
- You will be provided with a pre-paid address label that will include the appropriate shipping address once you speak to the consumer affairs team.
- How do I send it?
- The pre-paid label Colgate provide will depict the shipping method.
- This will most likely be via Royal Mail, whereby you can take the parcel to a local post office, hand it over and obtain proof of posting.
- How is the refund paid and processed?
- The refund for the toothbrush you are returning is sent to you in the form of a cheque after they have received the brush back. This can take 4-8 weeks to arrive.
- How do I contact them?
- You can contact Colgate Consumer Affairs team on 0800 321 321 32.