Do you have one or more toothbrushes in your bathroom that look messy and are always in the way?
Have you got a number of different toothbrush head lying about that need a home?
Perhaps you have tube of toothpaste that you don’t like on show.
In this post, I am going to share with you some of the best options you have for giving your toothbrush a home.
I look at wall mounted toothbrush holders, suction toothbrush holders, toothbrush stands and more.
I hope to show you some of the best ways to store a toothbrush in your bathroom, whether it is a manual or electric brush that you own.
To give you a reliable answer I have researched, bought and tested various holders.
Our top 5 recommendations for the best toothbrush holder
Most electric toothbrushes will stand upright. Most manual toothbrushes will not.
Although, the charging stand that comes supplied with electric toothbrushes is what most leave their brush sat on, there are some alternative options to consider.
For me, even before I really began testing lots of different toothbrushes, brush heads and dental accessories I realized I have a problem, particularly with my electric toothbrush.
My issue was that both I and my partner have our own electric toothbrushes. We have different brush heads for different cleaning modes and there is no power in our bathroom so the charging stands are elsewhere.
This meant more often than not the brush heads and the brushes themselves were stood upright on the bathroom shelf.
The problem here is none are all that stable and a bit of a knock and before you know it toothbrush jenga ensues. When this happens I get a little mad!
So I looked at what options existed and I present my findings in this post.
Now my needs might be slightly different to yours. I am not going to conclude this by saying there is one perfect option, but instead, show the pros and cons for the ones I have tested for you to make an informed decision on which might be right for you.
Today there are some very neat solutions to brush storage that exist.
1. hblife Large Stainless Steel Bathroom Toothbrush Holder
This stainless steel holder is a great accessory for any bathroom and can serve as more than just a toothbrush holder.
Hblife the manufacturer makes a small and a larger version of this, but the larger unit is the better one in my opinion.
With 7 slots in total, 2 are designed to hold electric toothbrushes (or larger items) with 3 smaller slots for regular manual toothbrushes. There are then 2 other sized slots, ideal for things like toothpaste or another tube such as a moisturizer.
The stainless steel is durable and the 4 feet on the holder have non-slip rubber caps to stop it slipping all over the countertop.
Ideal for families, this is a sturdy solution that can keep all your items neatly together.
The whole unit measures 5.91 inches wide x 3.35 inches deep and 3.94 inches tall.
|HBlife Large Electric Toothbrush Holder for Bathroom, Silver Stainless Steel Bathroom Accessories...||32,232 Reviews||$8.69 $7.99||View on Amazon|
2. SIMPLELIFE Toothbrush Holder Suction Cup
This suction cup toothbrush holder is designed to be mounted on flat surfaces like a mirror or tiled wall.
Once positioned, the strong suction cup mount holds the unit in place and the chrome holder has 4 slots to hold manual toothbrushes.
By positioning this on a wall or mirror, you are lifting the brushes up off of the bathroom countertop giving more usable space.
Although the primary fitting option is the suction cup, an adhesive pad and screws are included if you want a more permanent fitting
Made from stainless steel this holder is designed to not only look the part but be rust proof too.
|SIMPLELIFE Toothbrush Holder Suction Cup, Mirror, Tile, Wall Toothbrush Holder Wall Mounted,...||1,806 Reviews||$13.95||View on Amazon|
3. Wekity Wall-Mounted Toothbrush Holder & Toothpaste Squeezer Kit
This wall-mountable toothbrush holder and dispenser is great for many homes, but works particularly well for larger families that may share a single bathroom.
The holder can store up to 5 manual toothbrushes, all of which are protected under a cover.
It then offers 2 toothpaste dispensers. So whether you and your partner use different pastes or its the kids that use a different paste to the adults, convenient toothpaste application is built-in.
Measuring 10.31 x 6.77 x 3.31 inches this holder sticks to smooth walls/mirrors by using 2 strong adhesive pads. It can be mounted within minutes.
Available in 3 colors, grey, blue and pink, you can choose which suits you best.
In addition to holding the toothbrushes and the 2 tubes of toothpaste, there are 4 magnetic cups built-into the holder which can be removed as and when you like. Ideal if you want a cup to put some mouthwash in.
Failing that the 2 cups on the top of the unit can be used to store extra items like a razor, combe or similar.
|Toothbrush Holder Wall Mounted, WEKITY Multi-Functional Toothbrush and Toothpaste Dispenser for...||5,118 Reviews||$17.99||View on Amazon|
4. Anotion Electric Toothbrush Head Holder for Braun Oral-B
This toothbrush holder is designed specifically for those that use an Oral-B electric toothbrush. It will not suit those who use a manual brush.
This is not an Oral-B original accessory, but it is one very similar to that supplied with select Oral-B toothbrushes.
The all plastic holder offers up 4 positions to store brush heads, all of which are covered by a lid.
Sitting at an angle, excess moisture can drip off of the heads and gaps in the lid allow for air to flow freely around the heads to help them dry.
What you can also do is store up to 2 Oral-B brush handles on this item as well.
The idea is, you clip this whole unit around the charging stand that comes supplied with your Oral-B toothbrush and 1 toothbrush handle sits on that charging stand. It is the brush that is sat on the stand that can be charged if required.
A second toothbrush can sit on the mounting point to the right, but this toothbrush will not be charged, just held fairly securely in place.
Clean and smart looking this is a practical option for families and couples that have multiple brush heads and toothbrush handles.
|Oral B Stand Electric Toothbrush Heads Holder for Braun Oral B||627 Reviews||$12.99||View on Amazon|
5. CNVOILA Sonicare Holder for Philips Sonicare Toothbrush
Designed specifically for Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes, this holder provides a place to mount upto 4 brush heads and 2 brush handles.
The design principle behind this holder is simple, but very effective.
It ideally suits couples or families where multiple Sonicare toothbrush handles are in use and where different brush heads are used too.
The plastic constructed unit is primarily white in color with a steel blue bottom rim to the holder.
Up to 4 brush heads can be positioned on top of the 4 prongs that align horizontally at the back of the stand.
In front of those can sit up to 2 brush handles.
1 handle can sit on the right mounting point, which simply holds the toothbrush and does not allow it to charge.
The left mounting point is actually filled by the charging stand that comes provided with your toothbrush. You clip that into this holder and the power cable feeds out the back. When mounted you then have a place where another handle can sit and be charged if required.
No products found.
Which Oral-B and Sonicare electric toothbrushes come with brush head storage?
There are a few different models that come with brush head storage options. Primarily these are offered by Oral-B rather than Sonicare.
In most instances, the provided brush storage compartment is a tray that will accept 4 brush heads, which has a lid to cover them.
Sometimes it is a simple stand that just holds up to 2 brush heads upright.
The Oral-B models with brush head storage:
- Pro 3000 – Brush head tray that holds 4 heads and has a lid to cover them
- Pro 5000 – Brush head tray that holds 4 heads and has a lid to cover them
- Pro 6000/6500 – Brush head tray that holds 4 heads and has a lid to cover them
- Pro 7000/7500 – Brush head tray that holds 4 heads and has a lid to cover them
- Pro 8000 – Brush head tray that holds 4 heads and has a lid to cover them
In all instances, these brush head holders are of plastic construction and have a placement for the charging stand to fit. Fitting around the charging stand makes for a neater solution.
You can purchase Oral-B head storage options as an accessory if they don’t come supplied in the box.
The Sonicare models with brush head storage:
- HealthyWhite+ HX8918/10 – Holds 2 heads upright
- DiamondClean Smart 9750 – Holds 4 heads upright under a lid
Sadly Sonicare, at the time of writing, do not make these holders easily available as accessories, so you will have to look at some other options. We list some, in our Sonicare parts and spare article.
The benefits of a toothbrush holder & storage compartment
This is what I believe to be the key pros of using some form of storage compartment or holder for your toothbrush.
- Neat and convenient storage solution – Keeps brushes in their place and can free up worktop/storage space, particularly if the holder is wall mounted.
- Keeps the brush upright – Most either hold or store the brushes/brush heads in an upright position to assist in removing moisture from the head and keeping it easily accessible.
- Protects against the spread of bacteria – If toothbrushes touch each other, which is commonplace in a family environment where all brushes are stored in a glass, the bacteria can be passed from one head to another. Whilst relatively rare in reality, it is perfectly possible that infections and disease can be passed from one brush to another. A holder often separates each brush head to avoid this contact.
- Protects against splashes and damage – Some storage options have covers or means by which the brush heads are somewhat protected from splashes of moisture or dirt and dust that they could become exposed to when left uncovered.
The drawbacks of a toothbrush holder & storage compartment
Ok so it’s not all roses with these options, some of the drawbacks are.
- Cost – This is an added expense to purchase a dedicated toothbrush holder and some of the better ones are not cheap although when the overall life is considered, most offer good value.
- Quality – Sadly not all holders are made equal and some of the cheaper ones show a lack of quality immediately or soon after purchase.
- Fiddly – Some options feel more hassle than a convenience
- Fun – Particularly for children, there are options with fin designs and colors that could help make what might be considered a chore, a little more appealing.
What makes a great toothbrush or toothbrush head stand for one person might not work for another, for whatever reason.
Your comments and opinions
I welcome your feedback and insight on any other products you think I should consider for the list.
Leave a comment below, so that I can check it out and others can see your recommendations.