Repair/replacement – Visit the service centre or arrange pickup & delivery. You will need to book an appointment for the service centre.
Alternatively contact Philips Sonicare –
Telephone – +65 6882 3999
WhatsApp – +6589380477
(Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm)
Within the manufacturing process Philips do try to ensure a high standard of quality that should limit the potential need to return for faults. From our very own hands-on we can confirm that the standard of Sonicare products is very high.
They have been manufacturing electric toothbrushes for many years, so are very experienced and this allows for a certain standard to be implemented into all products.
Inevitably though being an electronic product it can go wrong.
The first thing to do is run through some of the troubleshooting advice Sonicare offers. Head to Philips toothbrush page, select your model and click the ‘get support for this product. A number of FAQs will be presented to help solve the issue.
If the troubleshooting doesn’t help resolve the problem, your toothbrush will require additional troubleshooting and potentially repair.
So what is the process when it does? How long is the brush covered for?
You can find the answers to these questions and more below.
- Guarantee commences from the date of purchase.
- Buy the brush on 1st February 2020, the warranty will be valid until 21st January 2022.
- Under the terms of the guarantee, Philips Sonicare will for free of charge repair any defects or problems with the toothbrush that are as a result of a fault in the materials or workmanship in the construction and manufacture of the product.
- If the brush stops working for no reason this would be repaired for free.
- If the brush stopped working because it has been dropped from a height and damaged it this would not be covered.
- The guarantee does not cover faults as a result of improper use.
- If you try to repair or modify the brush the warranty will not be valid.
- Wear and tear of brush heads are not covered under the warranty.
- The warranty repair must be carried out by Philips Authorised Service Centre.
- The warranty will be voided if electric rechargeable handle damage is found to be attributed to the use of non-Philips Sonicare replacement brush heads.
How can I get my Sonicare electric toothbrush serviced in Singapore?
You have 2 main options to get your Sonicare toothbrush repaired.
One option is to visit the Philips Customer Service Center and have the product inspected and repaired while you wait.
The address of the service centre is: 622 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh Philips APAC Centre Level 1 Singapore 319763.
The hours of operation are:
- Monday to Friday: 09:00am – 06:00pm
- Saturday: 09:00am – 01:00pm
- Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
You will need to book and appointment. You can’t just turn up. Each appointment is 45 minutes.
The other options is that Philips can arrange for pick-up & delivery (fees apply).
You will need to make contact with them to arrange pick-up & delivery. To do this call them or message via WhatsApp.
Telephone – +65 6882 3999
WhatsApp – +6589380477
(Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm)
In either instance you will need to explain the issues you are having and they will advise based on the model and the fault.
You will require your receipt/tax invoice to act as proof of purchase.
For Out of Warranty Service: There is no support for customers with brushes outside of normal warranty periods. You are expected to safely dispose of the brush and purchase a new one.
How long is the warranty on a Sonicare electric toothbrush?
Should your toothbrush no longer function and need repair, the good news is that the brush is covered by a 2 year warranty/guarantee.
As we understand it, this 2 year warranty applies globally.
Therefore, if your brush has stopped charging or won’t switch on then no problem you are covered.
The guarantee commences from the date of purchase. Buy the brush on 1st February 2020, the warranty will be valid until 31st January 2022.
Register your Sonicare electric toothbrush
It is advisable to register your electric toothbrush once you have purchased it.
All you need do it head to: https://www.philips.com.sg/myphilips/register-product
Here you can create an account (or login if you are an existing user). You can create an account using an email address or password or even via your social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google.
Once you have registered and activated the account, you can select your specific electric toothbrush from the list of models and enter the date of purchase and proof of purchase.
You will receive confirmation of the registration and the brush will now show within your account.
From here you can gain access to supports, manuals, FAQ’s write reviews and more. Much of this is a little misleading and actually only redirects back to the original product page on the Sonicare site. You generally get the basic information but not much more than you really need.
Is there an extended warranty option?
No, Philips do not offer an extended warranty option.
What is covered in the Sonicare warranty?
The warranty starts on the day of purchase and runs for 2 years.
If your Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush product is defective during the warranty period, Sonicare will repair or replace it free of charge.
Examples of what the warranty will cover, but not limited to are:
- The brush no longer charging or holding charge
- The battery life lasting less than the advertised time
- The brush no longer switching on or off
- The brush intermittently stops working
- The brush speeds up and slows down for no reason
The warranty does not cover cosmetic damage such as scratches, or damage caused by:
- Normal wear and tear
- Accident, misuse, dirt or water
- The product being tampered with
- Improper use
- Repairs carried out by agents not authorised by Sonicare
- Failure to take proper care of the product, including recharging
- The product being altered or used for commercial purposes
Is the warranty and repair process free?
If the fault with your electric toothbrush falls under the terms of the warranty and is within its warranty period, Philips will normally for no cost to yourself, repair your brush or send out a replacement.
Fees may apply if you use their collection and delivery service.
How long will the process take?
The Philips Sonicare repair process is generally very quick.
If you are visiting in person the appointment is 45 minutes. An appointment can generally be booked within a few days.
Will they collect the toothbrush?
Not as standard. You can contact Philips to arrange this.
There will be a small fee for this to happen.
The cost and service is subject to change.
How long will I be without a toothbrush?
On the rare occasions a brush should falter, Philips will look to resolve the issue promptly once they become aware of it.
If you book an in person appointment the brush will remain with you until the appointment. Every effort will be made to repair it within the 45 minute slot.
The collection and delivery service will normally take 34-48 hours.
In some cases, it may not be possible to repair or replace as quickly as Philips would like. In all cases, every effort will be made to minimise the time you are without your product.
Will they not just replace the toothbrush?
Not always. A repair if possible will be attempted. In some cases, the brush will just be replaced. This is subject to Philips Sonicare customer service policies and whether certain conditions are met.
Do I need my receipt?
Retaining your receipt will be advantageous when it comes to booking your toothbrush in for any warranty repair, so it is worth keeping hold of.
Even better, go online, register your brush and upload a copy of the receipt when you buy the brush and then you and Philips have a digital record of this.
My electric toothbrush is outside of the warranty period can I get it repaired?
No. No policy exists for repair to toothbrushes outside of warranty.
I am not in Singapore where and how to do I get my brush repaired?
If you are not a Singapore resident but have a Sonicare electric toothbrush your brush will likely be subject to the same warranty conditions, but regional variances in policy can occur.
Refer to your manual/documentation provided in the box at time of purchase for your local warranty procedure and support contact numbers.
Is the battery in my Sonicare electric toothbrush handle replaceable?
The battery inside is not really designed to be replaceable. The handle within which the battery is contained is sealed and there is no simple process to remove or replace this.
Trying to do so will invalidate your warranty and likely make the brush unusable.
For any faults, battery or otherwise contact your local Sonicare support team.
What is the full warranty wording?
Slightly confusing, there is the wording that appears on the documentation that came in the box and the wording that appears on the Philips website.
They are similar.
Copied from the documentation included in the box:
Philips warrants its products for a period of two years after the date of purchase. If any defect due to faulty materials and workmanship occurs within this two year warranty period, Philips will repair or replace the product at its expense.
Philips will only pay for repair or replacement if convincing proof is provided, for instance by means of a receipt that the day on which service is claimed is within the warranty period.
The warranty does not cover products and/or product parts that are subject to wear that can be considered as consumable parts by their nature or that are made of glass.
The warranty is not valid if a defect is due to damage caused by incorrect use, poor maintenance (e.g. parts blocked by scale) or if alterations or repairs have been carried out by persons not authorised by Philips.
For the appliance to be used correctly the user should strictly adhere to all instructions included in the user manual and should abstain from any actions or uses that are described as undesired or which are wanted against in the user manual.
Important warranty restrictions for certain product materials.
For some products the warranty may be subject to certain restrictions, for instance as a result of the type of material used. Warranty restrictions, if any can be found under the heading ‘Warranty restrictions’ in the chapter ‘Warranty and Support’ of the user manual.
These warranty restrictions do not affect your statutory rights.
Support during and after the warranty period can be obtained in all countries where the product is officially distributed by Philips. In countries where the product is not distributed by Philips service is provided by the national Philips organization. In this case there may be some delay if the required spare parts are not readily available. Turn to your dealer or an authorised Philips service centre for service. Contact the consumer Care Center in your country if you need more information or if you have problems obtaining service. If there is no Consumer Care Center in your country you can contact the Service Department of Philips. Address and phone number can be found in the grey section of this leaflet.
The full and official wording of the Philips Sonicare warranty from their website is as follows:
The warranty begins on the date of purchase and expires at the end of the period indicated in table 1. In case the retailer is unknown or the product was purchased from an unregistered seller e.g. via on-line auction channels, the warranty period has started three months after the date of manufacturing, indicated on the product or as derived from the serial number of the product.
If any defect due to faulty materials and/or workmanship occurs within the warranty period, Philips will make arrangements for a free of charge service. If a repair is not possible or is deemed uneconomical, Philips may agree to replace the product. Replacement will be offered at Philips discretion and the warranty will continue from the date of original purchase.
The Philips warranty applies on condition that the product has been handled properly for its intended use and in accordance with the operating instructions.
What is excluded?
The warranty does not cover losses consequent in nature, including but not limited to loss of data or loss of business. The Philips Warranty does not apply if:
- The purchase documents have been altered in any way or made illegible.
- The model- and/or serial number on the product has been altered, removed or made illegible.
- Repairs or product modifications and alterations have been carried out by unauthorized service organizations or persons.
- The product is being used for a commercial purpose.
- The defect is caused by abuse or misuse of the product or by environmental conditions that do not conform to the recommended operations of the product.
- The defect is caused by connection to peripherals, additional equipment or accessories other than those recommended by Philips.
- The product has been damaged – including but not limited to damage by pets, lightning, abnormal voltage, water or fire, natural disaster or transport accident.
- The product is defective due to wear of parts, which are consumable parts by their nature
- The product does not function properly because it was not originally designed, manufactured,approved and/or authorized for the country, in which you use the product, which might occur in instances where the product has been purchased in another country other than that of its intended use.
- Non-electrical parts are not covered under warranty (e.g. Blender Jar, Vacuum Hose, Juicer lid)
In order to avoid unnecessary inconvenience, we advise you to read the operating instructions carefully or the support section of this web site for additional support, before contacting Philips or your dealer. To obtain service within the warranty period please contact the Philips Consumer Contact Centre. Philips contact details can be found on this website. If the product is no longer within its warranty period, you can contact the nearest authorized Philips Service Centre directly
To be able to help you efficiently contacting Philips or your dealer, please have available:
- The original invoice or cash receipt, indicating the date of purchase, dealer name and model number of the product,
- Your product serial number or production week as indicated on the product. The model number (also sometimes called model ID) and serial number or production week can be found in the battery compartment or on the back or bottom of the product.
The warranty period for Electric Toothbrush and Airfloss is 24 months.
1. Philips Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd (“Philips”) hereby guarantees to the original retail purchaser (“Consumer” or “You”) that its Personal Health products (“Products”) are free from defects in material, design and workmanship under normal use in accordance with the operating instructions and pursuant to the following terms and conditions.
2. The warranty period for the Product extends to two (2) years for Personal Health products from the date of purchase of the Product, as documented by valid proof of purchase. IMPORTANT – you are required to show valid proof of purchase (Invoice if required), which must identify dealer’s stamp, the location of purchase, date of purchase, product model and product serial number clearly. Products returned without valid proof of purchase or which proof of purchase has been altered or made illegible, shall be excluded from the limited warranty.
3. During the warranty period, Philips or its authorized service provider will repair, free of charge, parts and modules of a materially defective Product with new or refurbished parts, and return such Product to the Consumer in working condition. Philips will retain defective parts, modules or equipment.
Limited Warranty Conditions
- Carry-in Repair – applicable for Personal Health products, unless otherwise stated.
- Repaired or replaced Products will be covered by limited warranty for the balance of the original limited warranty period.
- A diagnosis charge will be levied, if it is found that the Product is not defective due to the following:
- No power because power plug is not plugged in or switched on or no power at power points.
- Usage of wrong electrical supply/voltage.
- Product is found to be tested within product specifications (i.e. defect not found).
4. This limited warranty does not cover:
- Claims for loss of use or inconveniences due to any malfunction, damages caused by lightning, water or other liquid intrusion, fire, flood, accident, negligence, misuse or improper handling/operation.
- Product that has been damaged due to installation, repairs, alteration or modification by unauthorized service organizations or persons.
- Product with model name, serial number or production number removed, altered, is illegible or appears different from the Product type certified.
- Defects or parts requiring replacement due to ordinary wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing or paintwork of the Product.
- Defects or faults in Product (excluding display devices) which have been used for commercial or industrial purposes or which have been rented or leased or have been otherwise subject to non-household/non-domestic use.
- Claims for damaged and/or missing parts (incl. accessories) after 7 days from the original date the product has purchased.
5. Philips On-Site Repair service is applicable for Products purchased in Singapore from Philips or Philips authorized distributors and retailers. This On-Site Repair service is offered to Products located and used in Singapore only and does not extend to any other country.
6. For On-Site Repair service, Philips shall not be obliged to install, dismantle or otherwise work on any Product that is not on ground level (e.g. product mounted to the wall at elevated heights) and is not responsible for the cost of providing access to any Product by whatever means necessary for the purpose of carrying out repairs in the event the location or position at which the Product has been installed, renders it un-accessible for repairs to be carried out.
7. Philips’ obligations under Clause 1 are limited to the repair and replacement of defective Product. Except as set forth above, there are no other express or implied warranties. All warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (including any warranty of satisfactory quality merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Philips total liability for any damage or loss relating to or arising out of the purchase or use of the Product, regardless of the type or cause of such damage, loss or the form of characterization of the claim asserted (e.g. contract or tort) shall not exceed the original purchase price paid for the Product.
In no event shall Philips, Philips affiliated companies, Philips authorized distributors and retailers be liable for any punitive, special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation, damage for loss of revenue, business, profits, goodwill or contracts, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss), costs, expenses resulting from the purchase or use of the Product, to the fullest extent permitted by law, whether or not Philips has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding the failure of the essential purpose of any limited warranty. This limited warranty does not affect the Consumer’s statutory rights under law.
No carrier, retailer, agent, dealer or employee thereof is authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty and you should not rely on any such representation. Philips reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions if necessary.
Contact Philips Sonicare
For the most accurate and up to date information we advise speaking to the Sonicare customer affairs team within your country.
622 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh
Philips APAC Centre Level 1
Telephone – +65 6882 3999
WhatsApp – +6589380477
(Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm)
***PLEASE NOTE: Electric Teeth are not affiliated with Philips Sonicare directly. The information is correct to our knowledge at the time of writing and provided in good faith. It is subject to change at any time. It is provided primarily for Singapore-based Sonicare customers.***