Better check-ups guaranteed
If you have or are looking to purchase a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush within the USA or Canada, it is likely that on the side of the box it says ‘Better check-ups guaranteed’ followed by the wording ‘Use Sonicare [model number] for 90 days and if you are not 100% satisfied for any reason, we’ll give you a full refund’.
Sounds great right?
Well yes it is really. You can use the brush for up to 90 days and if you are not happy it can be returned for a refund.
You may have had your dentist, friend or healthcare professional recommend an electric toothbrush to you. After years or using a manual brush you might not be sure it is the right step for you. Will you really get the benefits they suggest?
You may already use an electric toothbrush, perhaps you are looking to upgrade and want a better/more expensive one; but are not sure the one you are looking at is really worth the money.
The no risk 90 day money back guarantee or MBG as it is otherwise known is shown on the boxes of most Sonicare electric toothbrush models, but despite saying it on the box there is little or no information inside (leaflets or manual) or easily accessible on their website.
But, the good news is that the scheme does exist and is operational and you can get a refund if you are not happy.
If within 90 days of your original retail purchase you are not satisfied with your Sonicare experience for any reason, they will refund your money. To do so, you first need to obtain a money-back guarantee return authorization form. To do this you need to call the Sonicare Customer Care Center at 1-800-682-7664 or speak to their Live Chat team for assistance.
In the interest of full disclosure we tried to get as much information from Sonicare on this process ourselves (as a consumer like you) but came up against many hurdles in trying to complete this successfully.
It took 4 discussions wit Sonicare Live Chat agents over a period of about 4 weeks to actually understand the whole process properly!
It felt like there was a lot of confusion and lack of clarity around the process.
Hopefully you should not have this because of what we include below, but just a word of warning.
When you first speak to an agent, be that via a Live Chat or the telephone you need to provide Sonicare with the model and serial number of the brush you are returning.
You then need to provide your name, address and contact telephone number.
Once they have this, they should then send a form out by email to you.
This form will be similar to this one. However, there will be a unique reference number on the form, that relates to your particular case.
The document and email to which it is attached will contain the important information, including the return address.
Now, this offer is always subject to change and may not apply to all models. Applicable models will usually have something on the outside packaging (usually on the side of the box) and on the instruction booklet included.
The terms and steps involved in the return process may also change, without notice.
As we understand it, to ensure your claim proceeds without an issue it is important to follow the following steps to allow you to receive your refund.
- When you purchase the Sonicare electric toothbrush, keep the original cash register receipt and all original packaging. If you purchased it online, keep a copy of the invoice provided and print a copy if it was provided electronically.
- If you decide not to keep it you will need to speak to Sonicare USA via Live Chat (accessible via their website) or by calling the on 1-800-682-7664. You will be asked for your name, address, email address, contact number along with the model and serial number of the brush.
- You will then be issued a returns form with a unique reference and document attached (It will look something like this).
- Complete the returns form as requested.
- Return it via a pre-paid and tracked mail service to::
- Philips North America, Returns – Door 226, 1450 Commodity Blvd, Lockbourne, Ohio 43137
- Include with the package:
- The original sales receipt with purchase price and date of purchase circled
- Enclose a completed copy of the form provided, which should include: name, address, daytime telephone number, and the reason for returning the product.
- If you normally use a post office box, Sonicare will require your physical street address to send the check.
- Keep copies of your tracking number, the completed form, and your sales slip for your records.
- The brush must be in full working condition with the original packaging.
- Philips reserves the right to verify the purchase price of the product and limit refunds not to exceed suggested retail price.
- You must post the brush back within 90 days, this includes weekends. Do bear in mind that you can’t quite use it for 90 days then post it back. For example, if you purchased it on the 1st of January, you will likely want to send it on or around the 26th March (85 days) to allow time for it to be delivered and make sure it is returned within the 90 days, just to be safe.
- The cost of posting/shipping it is your responsibility, you will not be refunded for this. It is also your responsibility to make sure it get’s there. You might want to ensure you are using a tracked/insured service. This will likely cost a few dollars.
- Be aware that it will take 6-8 weeks from date of receipt for the claim to be dealt with.
- The refund will be provided in the form of a chek, mailed to you.
- Products received damaged, broken, neglected or considered outside of the terms of the promotion will not be refunded by Philips Sonicare.
Whilst it does not specifically mention this, it is likely limited to one claim per household, so you can’t continue to buy lots of different models and return them for refund until you are happy with one. You have only one option of a refund.
What do you think about this scheme? Have you used it?
Please note: The information provided is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change. Please contact Sonicare directly for the most accurate and current information.