Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!
This is the claim made by Oral-B when you purchase a new electric toothbrush within the USA or Canada.
Making the decision to purchase an electric toothbrush might be something you are not all that comfortable with. It might well be your first electric toothbrush or maybe you have had one before, but are not sure whether the one you are considering is really worth it.
The good news here is that you can buy and use the Oral-B electric toothbrush and if you are not happy you can return it for a refund, no questions asked.
I have to say that this is a pretty impressive offering, particularly when you get up to 60 days to test the product fully.
If you were not sure whether an electric toothbrush was right for you or your family, now you need not worry as if it is the wrong decision (I don’t think it will be) you can simply return and get your money back.
Now, this offer is always subject to change and may not apply to all models. Applicable models will usually have something on the outside packaging (usually on the side of the box) and on the instruction booklet included.
As you might imagine there are some terms and conditions that apply to this offer, but to be honest they are not all that bad.
This is the exact wording taken from the instruction book of the Oral-B Pro 1000.
Try your Oral-B brush for 60 days, starting from the day of purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied, receive a full refund via a pre-paid card. No questions asked. For a full refund, please return your product along with your name, address, contact phone number and the original cash register receipt indicating purchase price and date to the address below.
Oral-B 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee 4608 Appliance Drive Suite 2 Belcamp, MD 21017
**Electric Teeth Update** Despite the instruction book stating the above address, having spoken to Oral-B USA the current address to send to is:
Oral-B 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Impact Fulfillment Services
1381 Anthony Rd
Burlington NC 27215
We suggest contacting Oral-B here https://oralb.com/en-us/contactus to double check prior to sending off a brush for refund.
Attention: 60-Day Challenge Braun MBG PO Box 12060 Saint John, NB E2L 5E7
**Electric Teeth Update** Despite the instruction book stating the above address, having spoken to Oral-B the current address to send to is:
Oral-B Power MBG
P O Box 10668
Thunder Bay ON P7B 6V1
We suggest contacting Oral-B here https://www.oralb.ca/en-ca/contactus to double check prior to sending off a brush for refund.
Your Oral-B toothbrush must be returned in its original packaging and postmarked no later than 60 days after the date of purchase. Please allow
6-8(**Update** 8-10) weeks for handling. The shipment cost to return the product is the responsibility of the consumer.
Sorry: No refunds will be made for any oral-B product damaged by accident, neglect, unreasonable use or lost in the post.
Terms and conditions apply. For further details please contact our customer service.
So, to ensure your claim proceeds without an issue it is important to follow the wording. If you follow the steps outlined below you should be compliant and receive your refund.
- When you purchase the Oral-B electric toothbrush, keep the original cash register receipt and all original packaging including brush heads. If you purchased it online, keep a copy of the invoice provided and print a copy if it was provided electronically.
- If you decide not to keep it you will need to return it to:
- U.S. only: Oral-B 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee, Impact Fulfillment Services, 1381 Anthony Rd, Burlington NC 27215
- Canada only: Oral-B Power MBG, Dept AE, P O Box 10668, Thunder Bay ON P7B 6V1
- The brush must be in full working condition with the original packaging.
- It is best to include a brief covering letter/note to explain you are returning it for refund, why you are not happy and include your name, address, contact phone number and the original purchase receipt.
- You must post the brush back within 60 days, this includes weekends. Do bear in mind that you can’t quite use it for 60 days then post it back. For example, if you purchased it on the 1st of January, you will likely want to send it on or around the 24th February (55 days) to allow time for it to be delivered and make sure it is returned within the 60 days, just to be safe.
- The cost of posting/shipping it is your responsibility, you will not be refunded for this. It is also your responsibility to make sure it get’s there. You might want to ensure you are using a tracked/insured service. This will likely cost a few dollars.
Be aware that it will take 8-10 weeks from date of receipt for the claim to be dealt with.
If you are waiting more than 10 weeks for your refund, US residents can check the status by calling 1-800-979-8268, whilst Canadian residents call 1-855-330-9328. Please know this is an automated line where you can leave your name, address, and phone number, and a representative will contact you.
The refund will be provided in the form of a pre-paid Visa/Mastercard (a payment card with the refund balance loaded onto it). This card can then be used like a regular payment card until the balance is used up.
The balance loaded onto the card will be the total price you paid for the toothbrush when it was purchased. The same amount on the receipt. The cost of return shipping is not refunded. It is likely that the balance on the card will have to be used within 6 months and cannot be cashed in at the bank.
Products received damaged, broken, neglected or considered outside of the terms of the promotion will not be refunded by Oral-B.
Whilst it does not specifically mention this, it is likely limited to one claim per household, so you can’t continue to buy lots of different models and return them for refund until you are happy with one. You have only one option of a refund.
What do you think about this scheme? Have you used it?
Please note: The information provided is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change. Please refer to the instruction booklet or contact Oral-B directly for the most accurate and current information.