Oral-B Australia say that when using their electric toothbrush you can ‘Get the power of a dentist clean feeling or your money back’.
This is the tagline for the money back guarantee scheme they offer.
There are many products you can’t take back to the shops once you have used them and oral healthcare products tend to come under this ruling because of the association with hygiene. But, with this programme, you can.
You can try an Oral-B toothbrush for 180 days and if you are not happy you can return it for a full refund.
Despite this, you should strive to only return the brush if you really need to. Electric toothbrushes have a significant impact on the environment.
If you return a brush it further increases the product’s environmental impact. If you really don’t get on with the brush then it makes sense to return it, but it is not a decision that should be taken lightly.
Complete the money back guarantee returns form
To be able to return the toothbrush for a refund, you must complete the online form, so that Oral-B can process the return and refund correctly.
Click here to complete the form.
Where to send the brush to?
Mailing Address (Australia)
Oral-B Money Back Guarantee, PO Box 6303, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, Australia
Mailing Address (New Zealand)
Oral-B Money Back Guarantee, Private Bag 47908, Ponsonby, Auckland 1144, New Zealand
For more details, please contact their AU consumer hotline 1800 782 437 or
NZ consumer hotline 0800 800 909.
Terms & Conditions
As you might expect there are some key terms and conditions to be aware of.
The key points to be aware of are:
- Your Oral-B toothbrush must be returned in its original packaging.
- It must be postmarked no later than 180 days after the date of purchase.
- A copy of (not the original) purchase receipt must be included.
- The returns form must be completed and included.
- You must allow 30 working days for handling.
- The refund will be issued in the form of a cheque.
- The shipment cost to return the product is your responsibility. Oral-B will not cover this fee.
- No refunds will be made for any Oral-B product damaged by accident, neglect, unreasonable use or lost in the post.
The full wording (correct at the time of writing) is shown in the image below.
Please familiarise yourself with these before returning the toothbrush to ensure you do not experience any issues.
These conditions are always subject to change. For the most current terms and conditions and for any queries, please contact Oral-B customer service. Electric Teeth will not be held responsible for delays or failed refunds as a result of not checking with Oral-B for the latest terms and conditions.
- How long can I test the brush for?
- Up 180 days from date of purchase. The postmark on the return package must be no later than 180 days from date of purchase.
- What do I need to return?
- You need to return all the original box contents.
- You must include a copy of the purchase receipt.
- You must include a completed copy of the reutns form.
- Where do I send it to?
- Australian residents : Oral-B Money Back Guarantee, PO Box 6303, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, Australia
- New Zealand residents: Oral-B Money Back Guarantee, Private Bag 47908, Ponsonby, Auckland 1144, New Zealand
- How do I send it?
- The method you use for delivery will be up to you.
- We recommend you send it via a tracked service to ensure you can confirm delivery.
- The shipping cost is your responsibility and these costs will not be returned, only the cost of the electric toothbrush itself.
- Sending it via a non signed for or insured service will reduce your shipping cost but you will be unable to prove delivery or claim if lost.
- How is the refund paid and processed?
- The refund for the toothbrush you are returning is sent to you in the form of a cheque after they have received the brush back. You must allow 30 days for this to be processed.
- How do I contact them?
- AU consumer hotline 1800 782 437
- NZ consumer hotline 0800 800 909.
4 thoughts on “Oral-B 180 Day Money Back Guarantee”
Hi Jon does the guarantee cover the io series? I can’t see it listed on the terms and conditions
I can’t say 100% I am afraid. Since writing this article, it looks like Oral-B have updated their pages/terms & conditions a little. They don’t explicitly mention whether it is included or excluded. I am however inclined to believe it is included.
I would suggest you contact them directly so that you and they have written confirmation.
Their contact details are available here.
Could you please send me the return form? I am unable to locate it on the website.
It seems like Oral-B have changed their website. It is no longer a downloadable form, it is an online form available here.